If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy the benefits of a raw vegan diet, then you need to try one of these delicious smoothie recipes. These recipes are all easy to follow, and will leave you feeling energized and satisfied.
Benefits of a raw vegan diet
According to Medical News Today, a raw vegan diet may have the following health benefits:
– Improved heart health
– Reduced diabetes risk
– Weight loss
However, there are also drawbacks such as nutrient deficiencies, weak bones, tooth decay, irregular periods and even possibly food poisoning from raw or undercooked foods, so take care when choosing a strict raw vegan diet.
If you want to add some raw vegan recipes into a healthy diet, we have some wonderful recipes for you to try.
The Best Raw Vegan Smoothie Recipes
These recipes are all from us here at I Live for Greens! We love following a plant-based diet that is full of healthy whole foods.
You will notice that some of these recipes include almond milk. It’s easy to make your own raw vegan almond milk at home – just use this for the liquid called for in these recipes.
Peanut Butter Blueberry Smoothie
This tasty smoothie includes just a few simple ingredients: banana, blueberry, peanut butter, leafy greens, and almond milk. Use raw peanut butter and raw almond milk and you have one tasty raw vegan smoothie.
Kale Apple Detox Smoothie
This delicious smoothie includes kale, cucumber, apple, fresh ginger, lime juice and water. It does call for honey as well, but this is easy to leave out or substitute with a raw vegan sweetener of choice.
Vegan Banana Smoothie
This recipe calls for oat milk, but sub your raw vegan milk and you’re good to go. It includes banana, apple, milk and flax seed.
Blueberry Detox Smoothie
One of the ingredients in this easy smoothie is grapefruit juice, which can easily be a raw vegan ingredient by juicing the grapefruit at home. You can also substitute fresh-squeezed orange juice if you don’t like grapefruit. It also contains blueberries, banana mint leaves and water.
Tropical Smoothie with Kale
This is seriously one of my favorites! It combines banana, pineapple, kale and nondairy milk for one easy, satisfying smoothie.
Why are smoothies are a great way to enjoy the benefits of a raw vegan diet?
Smoothies are a great way to enjoy the benefits of a raw vegan diet because they are quick and easy to make, and they are packed with nutrients. Smoothies made with raw fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which can help improve your overall health.
Raw vegan smoothies are also a great way to get your daily dose of greens. Green smoothies are an excellent way to increase your intake of leafy greens, which are packed with vitamins and minerals.
Tips for making the perfect raw vegan smoothie
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect raw vegan smoothie:
- Use ripe fruits and vegetables for the best flavor. When possible, use the whole fruit except for those with inedible peels. Fresh fruits are always best for a raw food diet.
- Add a little bit of water or nondairy milk to thin out your smoothie, if needed. As we mentioned above, you can easily make your own raw vegan milks from nuts or seeds, and these are great liquid bases for smoothies.
- If you find your smoothie is too sweet, try adding a little bit of lemon juice or vinegar to balance out the sweetness.
- If your smoothie isn’t sweet enough for you, try adding in a date or two or finding a raw vegan sweetener you enjoy.
- If you want a thick, creamy smoothie, add a frozen banana or avocado to your blend. These will also help make your smoothie cold and refreshing.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients! There are so many delicious fruits and vegetables to choose from, so have fun and get creative.
- Use great raw vegan nuts and seeds to add healthy fats and protein to keep you feeling full longer. Try chia seeds, hemp seeds, raw nut butters, coconut butter, or any raw nuts in your high-speed blender for a morning smoothie that will keep you going until lunch.
So there you have it – five delicious raw vegan smoothie recipes that are perfect for people who want to enjoy the benefits of a raw vegan diet. These great recipes are all easy to follow, include simple ingredients, and will leave you feeling energized and satisfied.
We hope you enjoy these recipes and that they help you on your journey to a healthy plant-based diet!