Easy Low Carb Peach Smoothie
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
A low carb peach smoothie is a great way to enjoy a delicious and healthy smoothie without the added sugar and extra net carbs. This fruit smoothie is easy to make with simple ingredients like fresh peaches, Greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, and a scoop of protein powder.
Whether you’re looking for a quick breakfast, post-workout snack, or a tasty smoothie bowl, a healthy peach smoothie is the perfect choice.
In this article, we’ll share our favorite low carb peach smoothie recipe and helpful tips on how to customize it with different fruits, sweeteners, and additional ingredients. Plus, we’ll also discuss the benefits of low carb smoothies, including weight loss protocols and maintaining stable blood sugar levels.
Why We Love This Low Carb Peach Smoothie
As a mom with four growing boys, I’m always on the lookout for quick and healthy breakfast options that will keep them full and satisfied until lunchtime. That’s why we love this low carb peach smoothie recipe so much! It’s packed with fresh fruit, healthy fats, and protein to give my boys the energy they need to tackle their day.
One of the things we love most about this smoothie is how easy it is to make. With just a few simple ingredients and a decent blender, we can whip up a batch in no time. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any extra peaches we have from our local orchard or our backyard tree.
This smoothie is also low in calories and net carbs, making it a perfect choice for anyone who is watching their weight or following a low-carb diet. It can be made vegan by using nondairy yogurt instead of Greek yogurt. We have to do this for one of my sons who has a dairy allergy.
We also love how versatile this recipe is. We can switch up the fruit and use different combinations like peach pineapple smoothie, mango peach smoothie, or strawberry peach smoothie, depending on what’s in season or in our fridge. We can also add in additional ingredients like chia seeds, flax seeds, or cottage cheese for extra protein and healthy fats.
And the best part? This smoothie tastes amazing! The fresh peaches and vanilla extract give it a sweet and fruity flavor, while the Greek yogurt adds a creamy texture. We can also customize the sweetness level with our favorite sweetener of choice, like maple syrup or monk fruit.
Benefit of Low Carb Smoothies
Low carb smoothies offer a variety of benefits for those looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Here are a few key benefits:
- Improved Blood Sugar Control: Low carb smoothies can help regulate blood sugar levels by minimizing the amount of sugar and carbohydrates consumed in one meal. This can be particularly beneficial for those with diabetes or anyone looking to manage their blood sugar levels.
- Weight Loss: By reducing the number of net carbs consumed, low carb smoothies can promote weight loss. Additionally, the high protein content in many low carb smoothies can help reduce appetite and increase feelings of fullness, leading to lower calorie intake throughout the day. I know for me, personally, that cutting back the carbs really helps with weight loss.
- Reduced Risk of Chronic Diseases: A diet that is high in sugar and carbohydrates can increase the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. By consuming low carb smoothies, individuals can reduce their risk of developing these diseases and promote overall health and wellbeing.
- Increased Nutrient Intake: Low carb smoothies can be packed with nutrient-dense ingredients such as fresh fruit, leafy greens, and chia seeds, providing a variety of essential vitamins and minerals. Additionally, using unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk can provide healthy fats that are important for brain health.
- Versatile and Delicious: Low carb smoothies can be customized to fit a variety of taste preferences and dietary restrictions. With endless combinations of fruits, vegetables, and protein sources, there is a low carb smoothie recipe for everyone.
Low carb smoothies are a great way to support a healthy lifestyle and improve overall health and wellbeing. By choosing low carb ingredients and avoiding added sugars, individuals can reap the many benefits of lower carb eating.
Ingredients in Our Low Carb Peach Smoothie
Fresh peaches are a delicious and nutritious fruit that are a great source of vitamin C, potassium, and dietary fiber. They are also low in calories and have a low glycemic index, making them a great choice for a low-carb smoothie. Peaches are known for their sweet and fruity flavor, which pairs perfectly with vanilla extract and other fruits in this smoothie recipe.
When peaches aren’t in season here (it’s a short season!), we wil use frozen peaches. You might have to add a little more liquid to the blender if you use frozen peaches, but they are still delicious. You can skip the ice in this recipe if you use frozen peaches, too. We tend to keep frozen peach slices in the freezer.
Greek yogurt is a creamy and tangy ingredient that adds a boost of protein and healthy fats to this smoothie. It is also a good source of calcium and probiotics, which can support digestive health. Greek yogurt is lower in sugar and higher in protein than regular yogurt, making it a great choice for a low-carb smoothie. It also adds a creamy texture to the smoothie without the need for heavy syrup or other additives.
You can use plain Greek yogurt or vanilla (if you use vanilla you can skip the extract), but watch out for hidden sugars.
Unsweetened Almond Milk
Unsweetened almond milk is a dairy-free alternative to cow’s milk that is low in calories and carbohydrates. It is also a good source of vitamin E and calcium. Almond milk is a great choice for a low-carb smoothie because it adds a creamy texture without the added sugars and carbohydrates of regular milk. It also has a mild and nutty flavor that pairs well with fruits like peaches and vanilla extract.
If you don’t like almond milk, feel free to use coconut milk, oat milk or any milk of choice. You can also use vanilla milk and skip the extract.
Make sure the milk you choose is low carb!
Vanilla extract is a natural and flavorful ingredient that adds a sweet and aromatic flavor to this smoothie. It is a great alternative to added sugar or heavy syrup because it is low in calories and carbohydrates. Vanilla extract also has antioxidant properties that can support overall health.
If you use vanilla yogurt, milk or protein powder you can skip adding the extract.
Protein powder is a convenient and easy way to add extra protein to this smoothie. It can be made from a variety of sources, including whey, plant-based, or collagen. Protein powder can support muscle growth and repair, as well as help with weight management by promoting satiety. It is a great addition to a low-carb smoothie because it can help balance out the macronutrient ratio and keep you feeling full longer.
We switch up the type of protein powder we use in our recipes. For this one, I chose an unflavored protein powder, but vanilla protein powder is an excellent choice, too. Make sure the protein powder you choose is low carb!
We used ice in this low carb peach smoothie recipe for a couple of reasons. First, ice helps to give the smoothie a thick and frosty texture, similar to a milkshake or cream smoothie, without the added calories and sugar. It also helps to keep the smoothie cold and refreshing, especially during hot summer months or after a workout.
Ice is also a great way to control the consistency of the smoothie. If the smoothie is too thick, you can add more ice to thin it out. If it’s too thin, you can add less ice or more frozen fruit. This allows you to customize the smoothie to your preferred consistency and taste.
You’ll Love These Other Delicious Smoothies
How to Customize This Easy Peach Smoothie Recipe
Here are some ways to customize this low carb peach smoothie recipe:
- Swap out the frozen peaches for other frozen fruit like berries, mango, or pineapple.
- Add a handful of leafy greens like spinach or kale to sneak in some extra vitamins and fiber. Green smoothies are my favorites!
- Make it a peach smoothie bowl by pouring the smoothie into a bowl and topping it with sliced peaches, granola, and chia seeds.
- Make it a protein-packed smoothie by adding an extra scoop of protein powder or a tablespoon of almond butter.
- Make it a dairy-free smoothie by using coconut milk or oat milk instead of Greek yogurt.
- Add a tablespoon of flax seeds or chia seeds for additional fiber and healthy fats.
- Swap out the vanilla extract for other extracts like almond or coconut for a different flavor profile.
- Use maple syrup or monk fruit as a sweetener of your choice instead of honey or stevia.
- Add a splash of orange juice or lemon juice for a citrusy twist.
- Add overnight oats for a more filling breakfast option.
- Use cottage cheese instead of Greek yogurt for a different texture and added protein.
These are just a few of the many ways to customize this low carb peach smoothie recipe to your liking. Experiment with different fruits, sweeteners, and additional ingredients to find your perfect combination!
Low Carb Peach Smoothie
- Measuring Equipment
- 1 cup peaches (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup ice
- 1 Tbsp honey (or low carb sweetener of choice)
- 1 serving protein powder (check label on your container)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (skip if using vanilla yogurt, milk or protein powder)
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
Final Thoughts on Our Low Carb Peach Smoothie Recipe
Our low carb peach smoothie recipe is a delicious and healthy way to start your day or enjoy as a post-workout snack. It’s easy to make with simple ingredients like fresh peaches, Greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, and a scoop of protein powder. Plus, it’s customizable with different fruits, sweeteners, and additional ingredients to suit your preferences.
We love this smoothie because it’s low in net carbs, high in protein, and packed with nutritious ingredients like chia seeds and leafy greens. It’s also a great way to use up extra peaches from grocery shopping or your backyard tree. And with its sweet and fruity flavor and creamy texture, it’s sure to become one of your favorite fruit smoothie recipes.
So if you’re looking for a healthy and tasty smoothie that won’t spike your blood sugar levels or derail your weight loss protocols, give our low carb peach smoothie a try! With its helpful tips and delicious recipe, you’re sure to impress your family and friends with your smoothie-making skills. And who knows, you might even discover your new favorite fruit or added ingredient along the way!