Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
Green smoothies are a great way to start the day, but sometimes adding more greens can be difficult without changing the flavor. Super greens powders are a great solution for this problem because they pack all the nutrients of leafy greens into one scoop that won’t have any weird taste or color your drink. You can then use these ingredients to create delicious and nutritious drinks that will make you feel great!
What is a green smoothie and why should you drink them?
A green smoothie is a drink that is made from blending fruits and vegetables together. Drinking them provides you with essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that you might not get from other sources. By blending the fruits and vegetables instead of juicing them, you retain the fiber, which can help digestion.
Some of the benefits of drinking green smoothies include:
– Increased immunity
– More energy
– Better digestion
– Clearer skin
– Weight loss
There are many recipes for making your own delicious, nutrient-packed green smoothies. You can find some of our favorites below. Super greens powder can be used in any of these recipes to give them an added boost of nutrition.
Swapping out your morning beverage or even an entire meal with a green smoothie can fill you up with the green superfood your body’s been craving (you probably just didn’t know it yet!).
One thing I’ve found with green smoothies is that the more I drink them, the more my body craves them. It’s like I didn’t realize I’d been missing these nutrients all along – but my body did.
How to make green smoothies with supergreens powder
To make a green smoothie, add at least one cup of leafy greens (spinach, kale, chard or any other leafy green) to the blender along with one cup of water or coconut water. You can also use almond milk, coconut milk, other nut milk, green tea or even green juice as your liquid!
Then add your choice of fruits and vegetables such as frozen mango, raw carrots, fresh or frozen pineapple, fresh or frozen banana, raw celery, or raw sweet potatoes. There are lots of frozen fruit options and you can add as many fruits or veggies as you want – just try to keep it to about 60% fruit for the best taste.
Finally add the dose of super greens powder that works best for you to make a super green smoothie. Use your favorite green powder, or check out my favorites below. There are SO many good ones out there – and some are so amazing I can just drink them with water (no blending required!).
You can also find some great protein powder brands that contain greens – these give you the extra protein boost and still have greens for your green smoothie recipe (although not as many as just a scoop of a green superfood powder).
You can also add in extras like chia seed, peanut butter, almond butter or other nut butter or any other superfood ingredient you like. One of the best things about smoothies is how easy they are to customize!
If the smoothie is too thick, add more water or coconut water to thin it out. If you want to thicken it up (it’s too watery or you want a smoothie bowl), then add more frozen fruit or chia seeds.
FAQs about how to make green smoothies with supergreens powder
Supergreens powder is a blend of nutrient-rich ingredients, including various superfoods, green vegetables, and herbs. It is designed to provide essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to your body.
Supergreens powder can be mixed into smoothies, juices, water, or other drinks. It can also be added to food items like yogurt or cereal. Check the label for specific instructions on how to use it.
Supergreens powder provides a host of health benefits, including:
-Detoxification of the body
Absolutely! Adding a green powder to your green smoothie recipe will give it an extra helping of nutrients. How nutritious it is depends upon the green powder you choose, but there are lots out there that have a variety of leafy greens plus other superfoods like acai and spirulina.
There is no right or wrong time to drink your greens powder. For me, I like to drink mine first thing in the morning to get those nutrients in, but whatever time of day you can be consistent will be best, even if that means before bed (although you might have a bit more energy after you drink it!).
Tips on how to get the most out of your smoothies
Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your green smoothies:
1. Use a high-quality blender. This will ensure that your smoothies are smooth and creamy, with no chunks or lumps. (You don’t have to spend a fortune on this and you can start small.)
2. Add a variety of fruits and vegetables to your smoothies. This will not only add flavor and variety, but also increase the nutritional value of your drinks. Learn how to measure your leafy greens here.
3. Use fresh ingredients whenever possible. Frozen fruits and vegetables can be used, but they won’t be as nutritious as fresh ones. However, frozen fruit can help with the texture of a smoothie, so it’s up to you which you prefer.
4. Start with a small amount of greens powder, and then add more as needed. You can always add more, but you can’t take it away if you add too much.
5. Drink your smoothies immediately after making them. This is when they are most nutritious and delicious.
Best Selling Greens Powders:
- FROM AMERICA’s 1 FASTEST GROWING SUPPLEMENT BRAND – Purely Inspired Organic Greens Powder smoothie mix delivers 39 superfoods, 18 vitamins & minerals and active probiotics with just 1 scoop. 40 Calories per serving
- PROMOTES HEALTHY DIGESTION: Our Greens Blend are thoughtfully crafted with a nutritious blend of alkalizing greens, antioxidants, fiber & pre and probiotics to support your overall digestive health to help you feel amazing.
- CLEAN AND GREEN: Made with ingredients you can trust, our Greens Blend are Certified Organic by CCOF, Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Plant Based, Kosher and Non GMO.
- SUPPORTS IMMUNITY AND GUT HEALTH: Packed with 2 full servings of wholesome fruits, vegetables, vitamins & minerals in every scoop, our Greens Blend ensures you are getting the right amount of nutrients to support overall health and immunity.
- NATURAL ENERGY BOOST: Packed with superfoods, our Greens Blend provides that extra boost to your day. With added probiotics, our Greens Blend promote healthy gut bacteria so you can feel your best!
- ONE SCOOP A DAY: Whether it is starting your day off on the right foot or for an afternoon pick me up, our Greens Blend are easy to incorporate into your daily routine.
- SAY BYE-BYE TO BLOAT. Country Farms Super Greens help ease uncomfortable bloating thanks to its powerful formula consisting of over 50 organic superfoods, probiotics, mushrooms, and fiber all working together to provide you with a light, happy gut.
- DETOX & NATURAL ENERGY. Super Greens help flush toxins out of your body thanks to its organic chlorella, and other greens. In addition, Super Greens contains organic fruits and vegetables like beets, carrots, and acai which help promote natural energy.
- POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS & IMMUNE SUPPORT. Country Farms Super Greens’ powerful formula provides your body with optimal immune support. Super Greens contain powerful antioxidants such as polyphenols to help maximize your immune health.
- ALKALIZE YOUR BODY & PROMOTE HEALTHIER METABOLISM. Help give your metabolism a reset with nutrient-rich grasses in addition, Super Greens supports pH balance and efficient metabolism due to the 50 organic super foods found in Country Farms Super Greens.
- AMERICA’S CHOICE. Enjoy America’s #1 superfood drink to start your morning or as a healthy snack anytime. Whenever you drink Super Greens, you’ll fortify your diet with a USDA Organic, non-GMO, DELICIOUS, whole food supplement to support nutrition.
- Includes 1 (0.62lb) Orgain organic original superfoods all-in-1 super nutrition powder
- 50 superfoods per scoop from Orgain's original organic super sprouts, fruits, berries, veggie, greens, grasses, and foods blends. 1 billion clinically proven probiotics, 6 grams of organic dietary fiber, high in antioxidants.
- USDA organic, vegan, non dairy, gluten free, lactose free, soy free, carrageenan free, non-GMO, no added sugar or sweeteners, no artificial ingredients
- Supplement your diet with superfoods, antioxidants, and probiotics to help support digestive and gut health. Superfoods in this powder include beets, ginger, turmeric, wheatgrass, barley grass, spinach, broccoli, kale, acai, millet, amaranth, buckwheat, quinoa, chia, and flax.
- Ideal for healthy, on-the-go nourishment for men, women, and kids. Whether you are a busy professional, mom, dad, athlete or student, this is perfect as an antioxidant boost and an addition to your meal replacement shakes or pre and post workout drinks. Mix into water, juice, or your favorite smoothie recipe and enjoy. Great for overnight oats.
- 30+ Good-For-You Ingredients: Bloom Nutrition Greens & Superfoods powder is your delicious daily scoop of greens, made with 30+ ingredients like prebiotics and probiotics, antioxidants, adaptogens, digestive enzymes, fruits and vegetables, and so much more. Greens make it easy to add fruits and vegetables like organic spirulina, organic chlorella, and more to your diet so you can bloom into your best self with ease! 30 servings, 1 scoop per serving.
- Bring on the Benefits: Greens support gut health, relieve bloat, aid digestion, and promote energy all in one delicious daily scoop. Plus, these Greens are dairy-free, gluten-free, keto-friendly, non-GMO, sugar-free, and plant-based.
- Delicious Flavor: Here at Bloom, we love flavor. That’s why we think your favorite supplements should be made with high-quality ingredients that support your health and taste delicious. Greens are super refreshing, like a light fruit juice that’s so good, you’ll look forward to drinking daily!
- Daily Greens Routine: Greens taste amazing, making it easy to stay consistent and feel your best. Add it to a smoothie, mix it into juice or water, or put it in your favorite recipes for an instant upgrade to your daily wellness routine.
- Female-Founded: Like many other women, co-founder Mari Llewellyn struggled to find dietary supplements that were made with quality ingredients and tasted delicious. That’s why she created Bloom — approachable and delicious health supplements designed to support your wellness journey and give your body what it needs to bloom.
- Superfood supplement: This greens powder is packed with raw organic greens, sprouts and vegetable juices for raw energy
- Whole food supplement: Our whole food greens supplement provides naturally occurring antioxidants, enzymes, amino acids, essential fatty acids, and dozens other phytonutrients
- Immune system support: This superfood supplement supports healthy digestion, detoxification, a healthy immune system, and already healthy blood sugar levels and metabolism
- Digestive support: Our greens powder is bursting with live probiotics and enzymes for digestion support
- Vegan greens: this superfood powder is vegan, certified organic, and dairy free, with no whole grass fillers and no preservatives
- Kiala Nutrition Greens & Superfoods Powder provides a tasty daily serving of greens made with nutrients, organic fruits and vegetables, antioxidants, and more. Whether you’re dealing with bloating, looking to improve your gut/digestive health, increase your natural energy and immunity, or simply wanting to improve your overall wellness, Kiala Greens are perfect for anyone looking to add more vitamins and minerals to their everyday diet. Serving size 1 scoop, 30 servings per tub.
- REDUCES BLOATING: Our specially curated blend of organic ingredients targets bloating, providing relief from discomfort caused by water retention and digestive issues. By promoting a healthy balance in your body, daily bloating problems are reduced, leaving you feeling lighter and more comfortable.
- AIDS DIGESTION & GUT HEALTH: Aids Digestion & Gut Heath: Formulated with premium organic fibers and enzymes, this supergreens and antioxidants blend aids digestion and promotes a healthy gut. It assists in breaking down and moving food through your system efficiently, reducing discomfort, and ensuring your digestive system functions optimally.
- BOOSTS IMMUNITY: Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants sourced from organic superfoods, this drink mix helps to strengthen your immune system and keep it strong. Regular consumption supports your body's natural defense mechanisms, helping you ward off illnesses and stay healthy year-round.
- INCREASES ENERGY: Our powdered mix is packed with natural ingredients that provide a sustained energy boost throughout the day, allowing you to stay active and focused without the crash associated with caffeine or sugar-laden drinks. As a result, this can help reset and regulate your sleep cycle for improved rest every night.
- Over 40 Nourishing Nutrients - Loaded with organic ingredients, Super Greens is truly so much more than a basic “greens powder”. As if it's Organic Greens Blend wasn’t enough, you get a huge antioxidant blend of fruits & veggies to top it off. Last & certainly not least, key enzyme & probiotic blends deliver digestive support to ensure you’re giving your gut what it needs to absorb all of this goodness & keep you feeling amazing.
- Clean & Natural Boost - Super Greens hydrates and revitalizes your body with a natural boost of 40 wholesome, nutrient-rich superfoods that can be absorbed by the body quickly and easily. Perfect for clean energy on the go, getting your daily dose of greens just got easier (and a heck of a lot tastier).
- Truly Delicious Taste - Your daily dose of greens shouldn’t only offer amazing benefits, it should taste amazing too. Tired of that dirt-like grassy taste? After one meticulous year in the making, we’re proud to finally bring you a premium greens powder that is both delicious and nutritious. We took our time to get our formula right, and Super Greens packs a delicious punch that you’ll actually enjoy. Trust us, you’ll love it!
- Simply Scoop, Stir & Savor - There’s no denying that juicing is rewarding - but boy can it be a real hassle... and talk about a cleanup! With Super Greens , you’ll enjoy all the same benefits of fresh greens, veggies, fruits, antioxidants, and more - without any of the chopping, blending, or kitchen mess. Just one scoop, quick stir, and you’ll be off to the races - You can thank us later!
- Green Superfood Powder On-The-Go! - It's not always easy to get mixed greens in your diet. NutraChamps has you covered with spirulina powder, green powder and so much more for the perfect green juice! A quick & easy way to get your antioxidants supplement in your daily life.
- GREENS FOR GUT HEALTH SUPPORT - Core Greens is a green powder superfood with organic phytonutrient ingredients that support gut health and microbiome diversity. Our fusion of vibrant plant-based ingredients is a healthy way to support digestive balance.
- DAILY ENERGY & WELLNESS - Get your day started right with a green drink of daily greens to support your energy and kickstart your morning! This vegetable powder greens blend dissolves easily in water for natural detox, supporting wellness & vitality like nature intended.
- ORGANIC PHYTONUTRIENT INGREDIENTS - Core Greens green juice powder features a diverse assortment of organic phytonutrient compounds. These nutrient-dense ingredients are essential for overall health, providing a spectrum of key vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- KOSHER CERTIFIED - Our plant-based healthy greens supplement is Kosher certified and suitable for a diverse range of dietary preferences. Zahler is committed to inclusivity and high-quality standards, where natural nutrition & wellness are available to everyone.
- MADE IN USA TO A HIGHER STANDARD - Zahler uses state of the art GMP certified facilities to help ensure potency and purity for all our dietary supplements. Non GMO. Free from gluten, dairy, soy, preservatives, and artificial ingredients - our formulas are as wholesome as they are effective.
- Concentrated formula with 50+ superfoods: Primal Greens combines the goodness of super greens, organic fruits, Ayurvedic herbs, adaptogenic mushrooms, and more. It’s an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin b12, vitamin E, and dietary fibers taken from organic kale, asparagus, alfalfa, and brussel sprouts. Also contains minerals like copper and zinc to support immune function and the body’s defense against oxidative stress.
- Optimized with chlorella and La-14 probiotics: What makes Primal Greens stand out is its added La-14 or L. acidophilus probiotics to help optimize digestion, immune function, and nutrient absorption. Added to it is the cracked wall chlorella to make it far more bioavailable than other green powders. Our green powder also makes a tastier and more convenient alternative to liquid chlorophyll products.
- Enhanced with nootropic mushroom blend: Through a unique blend of adaptogenic Maitake, Reishi and Shiitake mushrooms, Primal Greens is designed to help you clear your mind of fog, improve your mood, and boost immunity. Definitely a great addition to its high concentration of fiber-rich and nutrient-dense veggies that can help curb unhealthy cravings and support your weight loss goals.
- Made in the USA: Primal Greens is formulated and manufactured using the highest safety and quality regulations in our world-class facility right here in the United States. So you don’t have to worry about the loose regulations of an outsourced facility.
- Money-back policy: We want you to be 100% satisfied with all the products you buy at the Primal Harvest Store. If you're not entirely happy with your purchase, we will refund your money in full within 90 days, or exchange the products.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post on how to make green smoothies with supergreens powder. These are my favorite way to start my day!
How to Make Green Smoothies with Supergreens Powder
- 1 serving leafy greens
- 1 cup liquid of choice
- 2 cups fruit of choice
- 1 scoop super greens powder
- To make a green smoothie, add at least one cup of leafy greens (spinach, kale, chard or any other leafy green) to the blender along with one cup of water or coconut water. You can also use almond milk, coconut milk, other nut milk, green tea or even green juice as your liquid!
- Then add your choice of fruits and vegetables such as frozen mango, raw carrots, fresh or frozen pineapple, fresh or frozen banana, raw celery, or raw sweet potatoes. There are lots of frozen fruit options and you can add as many fruits or veggies as you want – just try to keep it to about 60% fruit for the best taste.
- Finally add the dose of super greens powder that works best for you to make a super green smoothie. Use your favorite green powder, or check out my favorites below. There are SO many good ones out there – and some are so amazing I can just drink them with water (no blending required!).