Smoothie Cups for Toddlers (Ultimate Guide for 2023)
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
Are you looking for the best smoothie cups for toddlers? If so, you’re in the right place! In this ultimate guide, we’ll discuss why you would want to give your toddler a smoothie, share information about different types of smoothie cups available as well as what to look for in a toddler smoothie cup, and recommend a few of our favorite options.
With four boys of our own, we’ve tried our share of smoothie cups and some of them simply did not make the cut! I can clearly remember heading to work one day when my eldest was two and he spilled his smoothie all over him. We were a bit late that day!
I don’t want that to happen to you so read on for information about the best smoothie cups for toddlers on the market today for 2023.
Why Would I Want to Give My Toddler a Smoothie?
There are a few reasons you might want to give your toddler a smoothie. Maybe your little one isn’t a fan of eating fruits and vegetables, or maybe they just need an extra nutrient boost. Either way, smoothies can be a great way to sneak some extra nutrition into their diet.
Smoothies are also a great option for a quick and easy snack on the go. If you find yourself running around town with your toddler in tow, a smoothie can be a great way to tide them over until mealtime.
I loved to give my boys smoothies on the way to daycare so that I knew they were getting great nutrition in a quick and easy way – no fussing about eating their greens!
Can I Put a Smoothie in a Sippy Cup?
The truthful answer to this question is – it depends. If you use a sippy cup with a removable straw, you can simply pop the straw into the smoothie and screw on the top. This will help prevent any spills (fingers crossed).
If you have sippy cups that will easily get clogged by any small pieces the blender didn’t get to, then they are not good options for smoothie cups.
We didn’t have the best blender back when our oldest was a toddler (he’s 12 now) and his straw would get clogged by a piece of fruit. A good blender is definitely helpful when making smoothies for toddlers.
What Type of Smoothie Cup is Best for Toddlers?
There are a few features that a good toddler smoothie cup should have.
- It should be made from safe materials that are free of harmful chemicals. Our favorite choices are glass, stainless steel and BPA-free plastics.
- It should have a tight seal to prevent leaks and spills. This was the culprit when our son ended up wearing his smoothie – the lid came open.
- It should be easy for your toddler to hold and drink from. This will depend upon your child and what type of cup he or she likes to drink from. Some toddlers I’ve known refuse to drink from a straw cup, and others enjoy ones with tops similar to bottles. You know your child best, so while you should be open to trying new cups with your child, keep his or her preferences in mind. It needs to be easy for little hands to hold.
- It should fit in your child’s carseat cup holder. Some of our sippy cups had bottoms too wide for the cup holder… which made it very difficult to take on the go. Look for ones that will easily fit into a small cup holder.
- It should be easy to clean. If it can’t easily go in the dishwasher, it’s a no-go in our house.
With those criteria in mind, let’s take a look at a few of our favorite smoothie cups for toddlers.
Our Favorite Smoothie Cups for Toddlers
Below are our favorite smoothie cups for toddlers. We’ve included a mix of reusable smoothie cups – both straw and non-straw options (similar to a trainer cup) to suit every child’s preference.
Best Kids Smoothie Cups with Straws
- TESTED FOR SAFETY BY A 3RD-PARTY: We don’t mess around when it comes to our children so all insulated sippy cups for toddlers are rigorously tested by certified US laboratories
- SUPER EASY TO CLEAN: Lids and straws are top rack dishwasher safe. Hand washing your metal kids sippy cups are recommended to maintain your vibrant coral and yellow stainless steel tumbler colors
- NO CHIPPING OR PEELING: Each unbreakable toddler smoothie cup is powder-coated so it will resist chipping, peeling or melting better than any painted stainless steel baby training cup
- FOOD GRADE MATERIALS: Food-grade silicone and 18/8 stainless steel are used in these baby cups. For these straw cups for toddlers 2 years old is the minimum recommended age – Training cups for babies
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE: Register your kids smoothie cups and get lifetime replacements from manufacturing defects. Accidental drops or lost lids are not covered, but reach out to and we’ll see what we have in stock because we want you to feel 100% confident with your purchase.
- LOVE: Kids and Moms ‘love’ our tumblers! Made from premium stainless steel 304, these cups are not only super easy to clean, but lots of fun with the bright/neutral colors. The extra bonus the lids, straws & sleeves can also be used on our 8oz glass mason jar drinking cups.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: This set includes 2 * 10oz Stainless Steel jars, 2 * silicone sleeves, 4 lids (2 straw lids + 2 leak-proof & air-tight storage lids), straw cleaning brush and 2 silicone straws with stoppers.
- STRAW STOPPERS: All our cups have straws with stoppers. No more toddlers pulling out their straws from our tumbler cups! Our straws are also a little wider for those thicker smoothie drinks. Size 6.29″(L), 0.24″(ID), 0.35″(OD).
- SLEEVES: Our silicone sleeves bring fun to daily drinks. Not only colorful they are cute with a few surprises from some of elk’s friends hiding amongst the leaves. The sleeve also provides protection from bumps and drops as well as greater grip for those little hands.
- VERSATILE: Great for toddlers and kids drinks, or use for food storage with the leak proof and airtight lids included. All items are dishwasher and freezer safe.
- No more spills – This kids tumbler features a straw and a spill proof valve so you don’t have to worry about spills (even when it’s upside down)
- Seal the deal – Silicone seal around the straw adds extra protection against leaks
- Material matters – 100 percent BPA free; clean up top rack dishwasher safe lid and body; straw twists apart for easy cleaning
- Get a grip – Soft grip bottom pad helps prevent skids and tipping
- Perfect fit – Fits most car cup holders; For ages 3 and up
- 12 oz Plastic Tumbler Cups – Featuring 5 designs, these 12oz Reduce tumblers with lids and straws are ideal for water, juice, milk and smoothies.
- On The Go Drinking – The convenient straw cups have lids, and fit vehicle cupholders. The snap on water-tight lid helps to reduce spills and messes.
- Straw Lock – Each GoGo Reduce cup features a straw lock so straws can’t be removed from the tumbler. Each cup features a different design.
- Mix And Match – Have fun and swap the coordinating straw cups.
- Stack And Store – These cups conveniently nestle together for neat and easy storage. Each dishwasher safe cup is made from BPA free plastic. Please note: these cups are not spill proof as they have straws.
- LOVE: Kids and Moms ‘love’ our tumblers! The ‘Original’ Glass Mason jar cup designed by Elk and Friends. We’ve listened, tested and fine-tuned our products to meet every one of your needs. Also, the extra bonus is these cups use the same straws & sleeves as our 10oz stainless steel drinking cups. Also available in 12oz & 16oz.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: This set includes 4 * 8oz mason glass jars, 4 * silicone sleeves, 8 lids (4 Straw Lids with spout + 4 * leak-proof & air-tight lids), 4 silicone straws with stoppers and straw cleaning brush.
- STRAW LIDS WITH SPOUT: Our straw lids have a spout so they can also be used to drink from with the sipping spout. A great way for little ones to start to learn how to drink from a cup.
- STRAW STOPPERS: Our toddler cups have straws with stoppers. No more mess with toddlers pulling out their straws. Our straws are also a little wider for those thicker smoothie drinks.
- SLEEVES: Our silicone sleeves bring fun to daily drinks. Not only bright and colorful they are cute with a few surprises from some of elk’s friends hiding amongst the leaves. The sleeve also provides protection from bumps and drops as well as greater grip for those little hands.
Best Kids Smoothie Cups without Straws (Best Sippy Cups)
If you’re going with a cup that doesn’t have a straw, be sure that your blender can blend up the smoothie without any pieces that could clog the opening. I really prefer cups with straws for smoothies, but if your kiddo hates straws, check these out.
These are also great at doubling as a water bottle for the young ones.
- Bpa free 2 pack toddler sippy cup with dentist recommended, spoutless design
- 360 degree drinking edge eliminates spills completely
- Cup automatically seals when child stops drinking
- Easy to clean, with no extra valves or parts top rack dishwasher safe
- 12 plus months
- Compatible with REGULAR cups between 2.68″ to 3.35″ in diameter.While other sippy cup lids easily tear or rip apart after just a few light uses, our strong and reusable sippy lids are guaranteed to last a long time of functionality and convenience. Made with thick, premium quality food grade silicone that won’t easily break or fall apart. No more worries of stretching the silicone for the fear of tearing it apart in the process.
- Experience a Life Changing Comfort and Satisfaction with their Easy to Use and Clean Design. Put the lid on by simply expanding the stretchy lid and put it straight down and wrap it around the edge of the cup then adjust to fit. Hand wash in warm, soapy water or boil for couple minutes or place in the top rack of dishwasher. No More Losing of Patience and Hurting of Fingers!
- Say Goodbye to Mess and Chaos Because this Portable Silicone Lid Instantly Makes Any Bottle, Glass or Cup 100% Spill-proof. The sippy spouts are very soft and only allow the liquids out when squeezed. They prevent cups from spurting its contents rapidly when knocked over, dropped to the floor or thrown from your baby’s high chair. You Can Finally Stop Following your Little Ones with a Mop in your Hand. Compatible with cups between 2.68″ to 3.35″ in diameter.
- Your Children’s Safety and Health is Always our Top Priority that’s why we made sure that these silicone cup lids Do not Contain Lead, Latex, Phthalates, BPA, and are gentle on your baby’s developing teeth. They are suitable for children 6 months and up and work great for transition from bottles to cups. Use them again and again for milk, OJ, water or whatever your toddler like to drink. Stop Taking your Kids’ Health for Granted with Toxic Plastic Bottles and Cups!
- We Understand and Value that you only Want to Give your Kids the Best in Life and we believe that we can contribute on this. These 5pc set of sturdy sippy cup lids comes in vibrant colors of red, green, blue, yellow and orange that will absolutely put a smile on your kids’ face. Send them as adorable baby feeding gift set to show you care. If For Any Reason you aren’t Happy with our Sippy Cup Lids, Please Email us and we will Do Everything to Make You 100% Satisfied with your Purchase.
- Set includes (4) cups with removable press fit training lids
- Modern, bright design with white accents (4 colors included)
- Cups nest together for easy storage
- 7 ounce capacity for juice, milk and water
- BPA free, top rack dishwasher safe, 18 Plus months
Common Questions about Toddler Smoothies and Cups
Yes, you can give your toddler a smoothie every day if you’d like. Just be sure to mix up the ingredients so that he or she is getting a variety of nutrients. And, as with anything, moderation is key. Too much of any one thing – even a healthy smoothie – can be a bad thing.
The best toddler smoothie cup for your child is one that meets his or her needs and preferences. If your child doesn’t like straws, then a cup with a straw probably isn’t the best option. Likewise, if your child hates sippy cups, then a sippy cup probably isn’t the way to go. The best way to find out is to try a few different types of cups with your child and see what he or she likes best.
If your toddler doesn’t like smoothies, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that the smoothie is the right consistency. If it’s too thick, your child may not like it. You can thin it out by adding more liquid (milk, water, juice, etc.). Second, try adding some sweetener to the smoothie. This could be honey, agave nectar, or even a little bit of sugar. Third, have your child help you make the smoothie. This makes it fun and he or she will be more likely to drink it. Finally, try adding some fun toppings to the smoothie. This could be fruit, chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc.
Some of the best fruits and vegetables for toddler smoothies are bananas, berries, spinach, carrots, and apples. Again, it’s important to mix up the ingredients so that your child is getting a variety of nutrients. And, as always, moderation is key.
There are a few other healthy foods you can add to your toddler’s smoothie. These include yogurt, almond butter, peanut butter, chia seeds, and flaxseed. These add-ins will not only make the smoothie more nutritious, but they will also make it more filling. This is especially important if your child is drinking a smoothie for breakfast or as a snack.
Final Thoughts on Smoothie Cups for Toddlers
There are a lot of great smoothie cups for toddlers on the market. The best one for your child depends on his or her needs and preferences. Be sure to try a few different types of cups until you find the perfect one for your little one.
I’m sure you’ll find one in this post that you and your child will both love!
Be sure to check out our yummy toddler smoothie recipes, too.